My best friend asked me if I would adopt her baby. How do I start the process?

Asked 8 months ago - Safford, AZ

She is only two months pregnant. How do I start the adoption process so that I can be the mother as soon as she is born?

1. Gregg R Woodnick

4

Answered . It is not that easy. You need to be certified to adopt. And...there is the issue of the putative father. Your friend needs to contact an attorney that handles these things issues. I am not sure of an attorney in Graham County who could advise, but there are certainly good adoption attorneys in Pima and Maricopa.
    www.woodnicklaw.com
    http://woodnicklawchildcustody.wordpress.com/20...

2. Steven W Zachary

1

Answered . It is great that you are agreeing to take parental responsibility of the child. The immediate problem you have is the father. That person has parental rights to the child. Get an attorney to help you through the process.