My best friend asked me if I would adopt her baby. How do I start the process?

Asked 9 months ago - Safford, AZ

She is only two months pregnant. How do I start the adoption process so that I can be the mother as soon as she is born?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Gregg R Woodnick

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is not that easy. You need to be certified to adopt. And...there is the issue of the putative father. Your friend needs to contact an attorney that handles these things issues. I am not sure of an attorney in Graham County who could advise, but there are certainly good adoption attorneys in Pima and Maricopa.

    This general information does not create an attorney client relationship between the questioner and the author.... more
  2. Steven W Zachary

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is great that you are agreeing to take parental responsibility of the child. The immediate problem you have is the father. That person has parental rights to the child. Get an attorney to help you through the process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,838 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,838 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering