My basement flooded,I received a check from ins. co. so I can pay plumber. Check is made out to me & bank.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Long Beach, NY

Bank wont endorse because Im 3 months behind on mortgage payment. If I mail check to bank main office for endorsement can they keep it? I also applied for a modification loan.

1. Ronald Joseph Kim

Answered . Bank could cash the check if you endorse it to them. I would call your insurance company and tell them what is going on. See if they will cut a check directly to your plumber if you send them the check back.

2. Theodore Lyons Araujo

Pro

Answered . The modification for the loan is very likely to be denied because the banks throw away the paperwork. the bank has to endorse the check to the plumber...they may want to take the money and send it to the workman directly to make sure the repairs are done and the person gets paid.