My basement flooded,I received a check from ins. co. so I can pay plumber. Check is made out to me & bank.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Long Beach, NY

Bank wont endorse because Im 3 months behind on mortgage payment. If I mail check to bank main office for endorsement can they keep it? I also applied for a modification loan.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ronald Joseph Kim

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Bank could cash the check if you endorse it to them. I would call your insurance company and tell them what is going on. See if they will cut a check directly to your plumber if you send them the check back.

  2. Theodore Lyons Araujo


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The modification for the loan is very likely to be denied because the banks throw away the paperwork. the bank has to endorse the check to the plumber...they may want to take the money and send it to the workman directly to make sure the repairs are done and the person gets paid.

    Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,922 answers this week

3,024 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,922 answers this week

3,024 attorneys answering