My bank put a 10 day hold on a deposit because I have overdrawn my account several times in the last 6 months.

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

Often my bank will show I have a balance in my account at the end of a day, so I use some money. Then the next day, they show me as overdrawn due to something else clearing that was not showing as pending. Then they charge a $35 overdraft fee, and now they have even placed a 10 day hold on my local gov't deposit. How can that be legal?

1. Celia R Reed

Answered . You need to review your bank's procedures and maybe talk with your account manager to straighten out how the fees, penalties and holds work. The account balance does not always reflect funds that you have access to. Some banks indicate that available balance, as well as the total funds. The action can be legal if it's part of the conditions you agreed to when you opened your account.