My bac level was .23? help

Asked over 4 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Was invovled in a dui accident hit and run no other people were hurt but myself. Had full coverage on my vehicle. and found out that my bac level was .23 what penalities can i be facing?

1. Amy Treanor Morell

2

Answered . The penalties you could be facing include paying a fine, attending a dui school, being on probation, and possibly jail time or an alternative to jail. Be sure to speak to attorneys in your area that specialize in DUI defense AND handle their cases personally. Big firms usually have you talk to one of the names of the firm and then hand off your case to someone recently out of law school. You can go to www.dui-help.com to review QUALIFIED lawyers.

2. Mindy H McQueen

Pro

2

Answered . The judge could be a bit cranky about those facts-best to retain an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area who can help you with your case.

3. Niranjan Fred Thiagarajah

Pro

2

Answered . You will most likely be charged with an enhancement to the DUI -- driving with a BAC of .20% or more. If convicted of this enhancement, you will be required to take the 9-month first offender DUI program, as opposed to the 3-month program normally required of first time offenders. The Hit & Run and the accident may add Cal Trans or jail time to your sentence, so it's important to hire an experienced defense attorney to either fight or negotiate on your behalf.