My baby's daddy stole a paycheck from me, forged my name, and cashed it at my bank. Are there any consequences to the bank & him

Asked almost 4 years ago - Naples, FL

My baby's daddy went into my personal belongings, stole a check. He then forged my name and went to my bank to cash it. Can the bank and he get into trouble for this?

1. Eric Matthew Rolinson

2

5

Answered . It is unlikely that the bank will incur liability unless you can show that a bank employee colluded with your child’s father or failed to follow the bank’s policies and procedures regarding the processing or identification requirements for cashing checks. I would suggest that you contact the bank immediately as there are often time constraints in which to file a complaint. Banks also generally have fraud recovery divisions that will work with local law enforcement in order to prosecute the offender and seek recovery of your funds.

Eric M. Rolinson, Esq.
    eric@emerituslaw.com
    407-477-4559

The contents herein do not constitute legal advice nor does it create any attorney-client relationship.