Skip to main content

My Baby's dad has an ice hold supposedly? Help :(

Los Angeles, CA |

So background on him he has parole & he went to kail just for a misdeameaner whicj is drunk in public he wasn't doing anything he was in a gang but since he got out of prison he has worked & helped me with his daughter he only has gone once to prison for a felony and he had a parole hold just when he was getting released he told me ice foind out he isn't born here he had a court order release but because they know he isn't released but when I searched for his information it only says parole what can I do I don't want him to leave me and his daughter he asked me to marry him right away while he's in jail. I don't want my daughter to go through what I did which is be without a father he only been with her 3 months which is as soon as he got out of prison but this ended up happening :(

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It would be best to discuss this matter with an immigration attorney to see if he can be released on an ICE bond is the ICE hold is the only reason he is in custody.
    Robert Driessen

    Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

  2. If he is not legally in the United States, ICE can out a hold on him. You need to contact an immigration attorney to see if he qualifies for some type of immigration relief.

    Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131

    This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

  3. If he was convicted of a felony, he is not eligible for an immigration bond and is likely to be detained while he awaits a deportation hearing. He may have some options, but this is a very complicated area of law and you need to consult with an immigration attorney right away.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics