My Baby's dad has an ice hold supposedly? Help :(

So background on him he has parole & he went to kail just for a misdeameaner whicj is drunk in public he wasn't doing anything he was in a gang but since he got out of prison he has worked & helped me with his daughter he only has gone once to prison for a felony and he had a parole hold just when he was getting released he told me ice foind out he isn't born here he had a court order release but because they know he isn't released but when I searched for his information it only says parole what can I do I don't want him to leave me and his daughter he asked me to marry him right away while he's in jail. I don't want my daughter to go through what I did which is be without a father he only been with her 3 months which is as soon as he got out of prison but this ended up happening :(

It would be best to discuss this matter with an immigration attorney to see if he can be released on an ICE bond is the ICE hold is the only reason he is in custody.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

How much would an ice bond be? How long would it take for this process

Yes it is because of the ice he hasn't been released

If he is not legally in the United States, ICE can out a hold on him. You need to contact an immigration attorney to see if he qualifies for some type of immigration relief.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131
www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

He was suppose to be released though because he already spent more than 48 hours in jail and they haven't picked him up what do I do?

Seth Andrew Weinstein

Seth Andrew Weinstein

I think ICE can have him held for a certain period of time before they get him. You should consult with an immigration attorney. Seth Weinstein, Esq. Practicing throughout Southern California (310) 707-7131 www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

he got moved to adelanto detention facility and he has asked me to marry him while he's in there that it can help him and that i can fix his papers until i hit the age 21. we were having trouble with our relationship but when we were about to fix it he went to jail and got a parole hold and then they took that off and ice is on him now. what can i do?

Seth Andrew Weinstein

Seth Andrew Weinstein

The best person to reach would be an immigration attorney. Seth Weinstein, Esq. Practicing throughout Southern California (310) 707-7131 www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

If he was convicted of a felony, he is not eligible for an immigration bond and is likely to be detained while he awaits a deportation hearing. He may have some options, but this is a very complicated area of law and you need to consult with an immigration attorney right away.

we were planning to get married but been having issues and he asked me if i can marry him while hes in jail that someone told him i can fix his papers he did have one felony and he supposedly told me he isnt eligible for a bond we were going to fix our relationship but he went to jail