My aunt is raising my daughter. She receives a social security check from my daughters father but wants me to pay child support

Crothersville, IN |

She does not allow me to have contact with my daughter.

This is not a Social Security question but a family law question.

What is the nature of your aunt's custody? Were your rights terminated? Do you have a court order for visitation?

The fact that she receives SS money from the child's father has no bearing on your obligation to financially help support your child too (without knowing the details of your legal arrangement).

I would suggest speaking with an attorney to discuss what you can do regarding visitation.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on Avvo.com. No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

Child support is not tied to the child receiving additional income elswhere. If you do not have visitation rights you can seek them.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by attorney Clint Curtis as general information and not specific legal advice. Specific advice can only be provided after a complete analysis of all information related to the asker. No attorney-client relationship is established by the use of the information provided. If you have additional questions please contact the law office.