My attorney withdrew from my slip & fall case from Wal-mart.

Asked about 2 years ago - Rogers, AR

I was told Arkansas has a 15 minute rule that I would have to prove the clear shampoo was on the floor for more than 15 minutes.

1. David Stockley Mitchell

Pro

4

Answered . There is no such rule. Defendant has a duty to maintain the premisis in a reasonably safe condition.

2. Justin Minton

3

Answered . I've not heard of a 15 minute rule. Maybe there's other issues.....

This communication is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Timothy Osbern Isaac

3

Answered . As the other attorney's have said, there is no "15 minute rule," but we would have to be able to convince a jury that Walmart either 1. caused the spill, or if they didn't cause it, 2. that they either knew about the spill for long enough to have cleaned it up, but didn't; 3. Reasonably should have known about it and didn't clean it up, or 4. knew about it but did not provide an adequate warning of the hazardous condition. Proving any of these can be a challenge, but isn't impossible. If you'd like to explore this with me: to.isaac@gmail.com. I'm sorry this happened ... good luck to you.

4. John Gus Zgourides

2

Answered . Get a complete copy of your file and hire another lawyer.

5. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Find another attorney. I presume this 15 minute rule is the amount of time a spill can be on a floor before a place like Wal-Mart becomes liable for injuries related to the spill.

I have never heard of such a thing.

Good luck!

6. Howard Robert Roitman

1

Answered . If the business owner knows or should have known of a dangerous condition on the premises that he or she knew was possible or "foreseeable" or could present a danger to patrons, then he or she is said to have a duty to exercise ordinary care in either:

1. removing the hazard; or
    2 at the very least, warning of the hazard

The patron has an absolute right to assume that the business premises are reasonably safe unless there are obvious conditions or indications to the contrary of that assumption.