My attorney sexually assaulted me (touched me in his office) and i have witnesses

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

should i sue him?
if yes, i am not sure if he has any assets.
1)Would a malpractice or general liability cover ?
2) how can i know if has any insurance?
3) he is in criminal court. would a civil action cause a jury to think twice before making him guilty thinking I reported him for financial interest (which I have not, and I only did it for ethics and moral obligation)

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

2

Answered . 1. Malpractice insurance would NOT cover this; some question as to whether general liability would cover any damages, although it might provide him defense.
    2. You probably can't get this information without starting a lawsuit.
    3. I'm not sure what you're asking. You'll need to prove how you were damaged or injured by his conduct. Separate from filing a civil lawsuit, you may wish to report him to the State Bar (they issue his license to practice).

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . Your best course depends on all of the facts and circumstances: where did he touch you and how? why were there wits? what came before and after between the two of you? Also critical and determinative are: the nature and stage of the attorney-client relationship, stage of the proceedings, and the issues on which you were receiving legal counsel. And a hundred more individual details.

If this was anything other than an unambiguous uninvited overt physical/sexual contact, reacted to immediately by unambiguous disapproval and rejection, then it will serve you to consult with an attorney BEFORE you put yourself out there irrevocably as a complainant, whether in a civil action, administrative complaint, or even a report of criminal conduct. This is not intended to discourage you; it is intended to forearm and inform you. The path forward is difficult, all other considerations aside.

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . Thre are many questions to answer before any egalitarian advice can be given. Having witnesses will greatly help your case if they corroborate your allegations. This case could be a criminal battery and also a civil assault claim. As far as instance most policies for malpractice do not cover sexually molesting their clients. Contact an attorney who handles sexual harassment and personal injury assault cases in your area.