My attorney is suing me for no payment of legal fee's.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Whittier, CA

My attorney is suing me for no payment of legal fee's. I am in the process of applying for fee mediation through the Los Angeles Bar. My question is he has already filed a suit and a court date has been set. Do I need to respond to this complaint or can I submit my request for arbitration with the bar and file a notice of stay. He notified me of my right to arbitration on Monday and filed the complaint on Wednesday. Didn't even give me time to respond.

Also, is there a fee to file a notice of stay? and do I need to serve him with the arbitration papers as well as the notice of stay or will the Bar Association handle the service of the arbitration papers.

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

2

1

Answered . Do not respond to the complaint. If you do you waive your right to fee arbitration. However you do need to timely file your arbitration request and pay the required fee. The LACB will then notify the attorney of the arbitration and of the attorney’s obligation to notify the court of the stay. See http://www.cccba.org/attorney/pdf/arb-auto-stay...