My asylum has been pending for for than two years when I applied I was a minor

Asked over 2 years ago - Albany, NY

Two months ago I was called for a reinterview Because my case was given to a new officer I called a week ago and I was told that my officer is not at the office anymore but my case is under review with the supervisor. I can't afford a lawyer I am really struggling what should I do next? Is my case be granted?

1. Eugene J. Glicksman

3

1

Answered . Based on the little information you supplied, there is no way any attorney can give you an answer. You need to make an appointment to speak with an experienced immigration attorney. Also, do not post further information for a more detailed answer, as this is a public forum and your personal information should not be posted online.

Good luck!

2. Alex Meyerovich

2

1

Answered . There is not enough information to give you an answer that would allay you anxieties, however it does not appear that your case was approved yet. It appears to be still pending and no final decision has been made. If your case is outside of the immigration court and is denied, you are likely to be able to argue your case again before the immigration judge. If you cannot afford an immigration lawyer I suggest to contact individual attorneys or organizations in New York that provide free legal assistance. I included a link of such providers for your convenience below.

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/freelglchtN...

Good luck!

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

2

1

Answered . You will need to wait or possible file a writ of mandamus with the federal court. You should at least be able to get employment authorization while your case is pending. There are non profit organizations that may help you. Have you tried Catholic Family Services, Lutheran Social Services, Legal Aide and your local law school?

4. C. C. Abbott

1

Answered . If you cannot afford a private attorney, you should check to see if there is a legal services agency or BIA approved organization who assists asylee applicants. If you contact a legal services agency in your region, ask them what non restricted program assists asylum cases. The fact a new officer has been assigned your case is not the concern but the fact it has taken two years for a determiantion. Good luck.

5. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . No. Being reviewed by a supervisor is not equivalent to the case being granted.

6. Jason Todd Lorenzon

Answered . All of my colleauges have provided excellent answers. You should consult with an attorney to go over your case. Seek out the assistance of a pro bono attorney and go from there. Good luck.

7. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

Answered . Without the specific facts of your case it is impossible to make a guess. I suggest that you keep making INFOPASS appointments with USCIS.
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry