My arrain court date was cancelled/vacated what does that mean

Baltimore, MD |

they are trying to charge us with something that didnt happen they have all ready indicted us

1. I would suggest that you not attempt to read too much into an event that has no visible explanation. It could mean that the prosecutor has decided not to proceed on the matter. It could also could mean that they did not want to file until they had additional information.

2. What is probably happening is the State is weighing it option in charging you or specifically what to charge you with. Just don't worry about it until it happens because there is nothing gained by guessing or speculation. If you have some liability with a possible criminal offense go talk with an experienced criminal defense attorney about your options but do it in their office or on the phone. NOT ON THE INTERNET. Good Luck to you.

3. I agree with my colleagues. They will likely just reschedule. Retain an attorney and speak at length about the procedure.

4. The court controls its own schedule, and if there were some reason that the court were not available, then your date was changed or canceled. It is likely you will receive another date.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

5. Has an attorney or the public defender's office entered an appearance on your behalf in the case. if so, then the arraignment gets cancelled and you will receive a trial date.

The trial is the time to prove that you are not guilty, not the arraignment. If you do not have counsel you should hire an attorney or apply for a public defender asap.