My apartment was recently flooded. Who is responsible for the electric bill incurred for repairs while I was displaced?

Asked about 2 years ago - Auburn, NY

A pipe burst in my upstairs bathroom. The entire downstairs was decimated with water damage. My electric bill is substantially higher due to necessary repairs.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . I guess it could be a consequential damage of the pipe bursting so who paid to repair the damage? Look to that party for reimbursement.

2. Steven Warren Smollens

Answered . Dear who is responsible for electric bill?

Did you settle with your landlord for the other out-of-pocket expenses you incurred while you were displaced during the repairs and after the flood? If so, your settlement may have covered the miscellaneous item of the use of your electric utility used by the contractors.

How much is involved? If you have not settled with the landlord, then include the excess electric as part of your out-of-pocket damages.