Skip to main content

My American Fiance lives here in Ireland as I do. Can she file for a Fiancee visa from Ireland, as we want to live in the US

Whitman, MA |

We want to live in the US and get married there but we don't want to spend any time apart. Is this possible? If not what are our options?
thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, but the Fiancé petition must be filed with the USCIS in the U.S. and contain a US mailing address for the USC petitioner (only!)

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



So does this mean that my fiancée can remain In Ireland with me, file the petition and we could travel together when it is approved? Thank you in advance.


Yes, the US citizen petition files the petition and will need a US address. The embassy will also require an affidavit of support to ensure that the non-US citizen will not become a public charge. The affidavit of support asks about employment, income, and assets etc.

This posting is not intended as legal advice and is for general informational purposes only. You should not rely on this answer when deciding what legal action to take, if any. You should speak with a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction before taking any legal action. This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.



The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer