My alimony runs out next year. What is the court process to establish the amount of child support I should start receiving?

Asked about 5 years ago - Cheshire, CT

My divorce decree may need some small revisions but the child support and alimony have been lumped into 1 payment for the last 4 years. How do I determine the support amount and get it enforced?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Craig C Fishbein

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . You would, more than likely, have to file a motion to modify and have the child support guidelines re-calculated. As far as enforcement, it would be the same procedure as that for the prior payments of alimony and child support combined.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,611 answers this week

2,629 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,611 answers this week

2,629 attorneys answering