My airbags did not deploy. Can i take this to court?

Asked 5 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Thing is i don't have a license.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

9

Answered . You can file a lawsuit, but the real question is whether you would be successful. I would recommend having your case carefully reviewed by a civil litigation/ personal injury attorney. You will have to show that someone was negligent (whether in manufacturing, repair, etc), and that because of the failure you were harmed.

Pro

10

Answered . A few more facts would be helpful. Only a tiny handful of lawyers handle defective air bag cases, so best bet is to Google "defective air bag lawyer" to find one.

3. Armen Michael Tashjian

Pro

8

Answered . Products liability lawsuits are very expensive to prosecute. What are your injuries, if any?

4. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

4

Answered . What is your question?

5. Michael Shemtoub

4

Answered . Was anyone else in the car with you? What were there injuries if any?

6. Philip Anthony Fabiano

5

Answered . It does not matter whether you have a license or not. It does matter whether you were injured and there is a way to prove you would not have been injured or injured as badly if the air bag worked properly. You do not mention any injury?? The law does not recognize what could have happened only what did happen. A claim that you could have been injured will not work. Even if you were injured you would also need to prove that the airbag "should" have deployed in that particular circumstance. If you can show the airbag was defective, again you need to show a related injury. That injury needs to be severe since the costs of bringing such a claim would be extensive.

7. David Ian Schoen

4

Answered . A lot more facts are needed, especially whether or not you sustained any significant injuries that an expert can conclude were caused by the failure of the airbags which should have gone off under the circumstances.

8. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

4

Answered . At what angle was the car hit and where on the body? What is the year, make and model of the car? Were you wearing a seatbelt? How fast were you going at impact, if you hit another car? What part of the interior did your face come in contact with? Your lack of a license, at least in New York and I'm willing to be in California, is irrelevant in this scenario.

9. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Answered . What, if any, automobile insurance covered you as the driver?

One or more answers have been taken down.