Skip to main content

My agreed final decree of divorce has been approved as to form, and approved as to form and substance, but is not notarized.

Temple, TX |

Is there any more to be done with this decree besides signatures?

Attorney Answers 3


You've still got a bit left.

1) Have both parties sign it;

2) Have one party go in front of the judge to prove up (assure the judge all requirements have been met) and have the judge sign it;

3) Have multiple copies and conform the orders with the clerk;

4) File a copy along with an Austin form.

5) Get certified copies for your own records.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


My advice is to follow Attorney Cohan's advice-you should be fine.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


It's not required that the approvals as to form, and as to form and substance be notarized; both parties signing without notarization is sufficient. The finalization process as set out in the prior answer should then be followed. The "Austin form" is the Texas Department of Vital Statistics form, and is often call an "Austin form". It is available at the Clerk's office.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics