My 97 year old grandmother purchased gold commemoritive coins which she paid 28,000 for that I just got appraised for 7,000.

Chicago, IL |

What can we do to get her money back? It has been over two years since this incident.

1. More information is needed. Was there a written contract? What did the contract say? Did it include an disclaimer of warranties? What did the salesperson say about the coins? What state were the coins purchased in?

NOTE: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and should not be construed in that way. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and no such relationship may be created absent a signed retainer agreement. The author is licensed in Illinois only, and his answer is for educational purposes alone.

2. This sort of case may be addressable given the egregious circumstances, contact me at:

Dr. Jonathan Levy
    Attorney at Law
    Brimstone & Co.
    www.brimstoneandcompany.com
    chambers@brimstoneandcompany.com
    202-318-2406