My 97 year old grandmother purchased gold commemoritive coins which she paid 28,000 for that I just got appraised for 7,000.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

What can we do to get her money back? It has been over two years since this incident.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christopher R. Minelli

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . More information is needed. Was there a written contract? What did the contract say? Did it include an disclaimer of warranties? What did the salesperson say about the coins? What state were the coins purchased in?

    NOTE: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and should not be construed in that way. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and no such relationship may be created absent a signed retainer agreement. The author is licensed in Illinois only, and his answer is for educational purposes alone.

  2. Jonathan H Levy

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This sort of case may be addressable given the egregious circumstances, contact me at:

    Dr. Jonathan Levy
    Attorney at Law
    Brimstone & Co.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,215 answers this week

3,282 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,215 answers this week

3,282 attorneys answering