My 97 year old grandmother purchased gold commemoritive coins which she paid 28,000 for that I just got appraised for 7,000.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

What can we do to get her money back? It has been over two years since this incident.

1. Christopher R. Minelli

Answered . More information is needed. Was there a written contract? What did the contract say? Did it include an disclaimer of warranties? What did the salesperson say about the coins? What state were the coins purchased in?

NOTE: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and should not be construed in that way. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and no such relationship may be created absent a signed retainer agreement. The author is licensed in Illinois only, and his answer is for educational purposes alone.

2. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . This sort of case may be addressable given the egregious circumstances, contact me at:

Dr. Jonathan Levy
    Attorney at Law
    Brimstone & Co.
    www.brimstoneandcompany.com
    chambers@brimstoneandcompany.com
    202-318-2406