My 9 year old son was hit by a car, he was charged with the accident AT NINE years old. Can I sue for pain and suffering?

Asked about 1 year ago - Columbus, GA

I only ask because I lost wages at work, 3 days in the hospital. Trips to Atl to see specialist. No 4-6 weeks of therapy. I am loosing money on my job. He has Geico insurance.

1. Ian Zimmerman

6

Answered . Was your son charged with being out of a crosswalk etc..? I have seen these cases before and they are often uphill battles. I would suggest contact a local attorney for a consult. These cases can be won but, you need to be ready for a drawn out fight with the possibility of going to court. The insurance company will most likely stand their ground for quite sometime. Given his age, you may have a chance.

2. C. Jeffrey Kaufman

Pro

4

Answered . Every case is different and you should consult with an attorney about the facts of your case. Just because your son was found to be responsible by the responding officer does not mean you don't have a claim. Please contact an attorney immediately to protect your rights.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

5

Answered . Your son, through a parent or guardian, has the right to bring a claim. There may also exist a claim for what is called loss of services. Do not speak with geico and do not delay further; contact local and qualified personal injury counsel. Good luck.

4. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

3

Answered . If the child violated a traffic law and that caused the accident, winning a claim would be very difficult. Nonetheless, see a local attorney to see if the child has a legal claim.

Pro

3

Answered . You would certainly want to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.

6. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

2

Answered . It seems as you may have a case for Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress. I suggest you talk to a lawyer immediately. Best of luck.

7. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . Your post is confusing.