Skip to main content

My 9 year old son wants to come and live with me, his father and i have joint custody of him, what do I have to do?

Homosassa, FL |

my son wants to come live with me, his father still lives at home with his parents and my sons grandfather is mean to him. what do i have to do to get it to where he can live with me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should file a Supplemental Petition to Modify Parenting Plan/Time-Sharing Schedule and Other Relief. In order to be successful you have to show a substantial change and it has to be in the child’s best interest. You should consult a local attorney so he or she can give you a complete legal analysis of your situation.

JMP Law, P.A.
Juna M. Pulayya

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer