My 9 year old sister in law is being verbally, physically, and mentally abused by her mother, can her father get full custody?

Asked over 3 years ago - Allentown, PA

her father passes over child support but her mother never buys her anything with the money, she spends it on beer and irrelevant things, her school work is terrible because she has no help from her mother or older sister, she's always being picked on by her siblings and mother for ni reason. when she comes to visit her dad she's the happiest little girl but when she leaves she's miserable and even cries because she's scared. and on top of that her mother, if she can be called that, has told her that if she continues to tell people that she's hitting her it'll be worse. what can we do? i really hate having to send her back there

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Patrick J. McMenamin Jr.

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Yes it is possible but Father needs to file a Petition to Modify Custody and obtain a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,556 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,556 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering