Skip to main content

My 6 plex apt burned to the ground. 5 units were occupied. 2 Tenants jumped from second floor and one fractured both hills.

Aubrey, TX |

Please advice how do I proceed with commercial insurance claim, and Do I need to hire an attorney to protect ourselves. The 6 plex is in my wife's name with no lean. Regards

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would recommend hiring an attorney. An attorney can help you with the insurance claim, with terminating the tenants' leases if their units are uninhabitable, and with protecting you and your wife from any claims the tenants may have.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and should not be relied upon as legal advice.



Please provide contact information or email me at thank you Parvez


I concur with the preceding opinion. You'll need to get a copy of your insurance policy. Also, the policy will require that certain notice be provided to the insurance company before you take any action to resolve any claims. It's important that the terms contained in the policy be followed. Contact with the insurance carrier should be made quickly. If you don't feel like you can handle it, then hiring an attorney may be helpful in ensuring compliance with the policy terms, and in answering any questions about the claims process that may arise.

Thank you for your inquiry. Please be advised that this office handles the type of claims that you indicate in your e-mail. If you are interested in discussing our potential representation of you, please contact this office at the telephone number set forth below to schedule an appointment. During such conversation, a representative of our office will explain to you our rates and the basic financial terms of our potential representation. Please understand that until we have met with you and agreed to represent you, we are not your attorneys. Thank you again for you inquiry.



Thank you for the advice. Will keep in touch. Regards

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer