My 5 year old daughter was taken by NJ DYFS last night after they took me to take a urine test, NEED Lawyer!

Cinnaminson, NJ |

Methadone came up in the test but I'm on my way to the Dr. I've been waiting over a month to see to get my methadone script. I was on a methadone maintenance clinic for over ten years on a kinda low dose but in middle of March clinic detoxed me off very fast so in the meantime I've been taking methadone until I pick up my script for it now so it's going to be legally prescribed to me now, I had to wait for my appt. with the doctor like said over a month. I didn't tell DYFS that and I'm not saying anything until I at least speak with a lawyer. Please Help! ASAP!!

1. You will need to consult with an attorney or go to legal services if you can't afford to pay for one. It will be an uphill battle based on the information you provide.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

2. You are right to seek an attorney, and given that DCPP (formerly DYFS) is involved, you do need an attorney without delay.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed