Skip to main content

My 28 year old brother was arrested a few days ago for aggravated assault and cruelty to children

Flowery Branch, GA |

He recently received a work permit for one year. Will ICE release him in this case.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Doubtful, as the review on releasing on bond will evaluate his danger to the community and the risk of flight factors. He needs a very good attorney.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


It is unlikely that ICE will release him without a fight. Also, if convicted, he is facing certain deportation. You need to make sure your brother has an aggressive attorney working to protect him and his rights NOW if you want him to have ANY chance of remaining here.
Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would be happy to help.
M. Jason Rhoades

Daniel Nelson Deasy

Daniel Nelson Deasy


Good answer!


This type I'd situation requires not just an attorney capable of handling criminal issues, but one very well versed in immigration issues as well. I highly suggest you consult with an attorney who specializes in both areas sooner rather than later.

Best of luck,


Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer