Skip to main content

My 24yr old Son went through the windshield of his GF suv; she was driving on a suspended from 1st DUI 23152 (AM&BEXM hE IS OK ?

Oakland, CA |

But he has suffered severe road rash, serious Brain Hemorrhage, and several deep stitches. Hospitalized for four days observation with NO current insurance, She had some coverage for vehicle although the vh was not in her name? My Son has lost earnings for the union job he did have as a lather. He has little stability due to hardship and extreme circumstances. Now he has Nothing and No resources available NOW. He needs some restitution NOW< He does not want to sue the pants off of her. There were no other cars involved. She had zero tolerance from her prior California VC 23152 AM & BEXM Doctet # 440327. She is currently in jail and has been since the accident on Jan 7, 2013 approx midnight in C.V. CA, Current charges VC 14601 2 am & 23153 AF. The insurance co. has talked to my Son?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Not sure if your question is right for a DUI defense question site. It sounds like your son is a victim and needs compensation for his losses. If his girlfriend is convicted and agrees to pay for your sons losses, the court will order it paid. That does not mean that it will be paid.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.


I think your question is about victim restitution.


First, I wish your son a full recovery. Second, you may want to consider at least talking a civil attorney about your son's rights. Use avvo to find a couple and give them a call - most should offer a free consultation. At the very least, some of your questions may be answered and you will be in a better positioin to advise your son. Good luck.


I do civil litigation as well as criminal work, this ia a serious matter gven the nature of the injuries. Do not let him talk with the insurance company, do not let him sign any releases. Call me and I can discuss this case with you 213-819-1171

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer