My 23 year old son was a passenger in his car the driver was drunk and hit a tree my son died from injuries. can i sue the driv

Huntington, WV |

driver

My sincere empathy on your loss. Yes, the estate may bring a lawsuit. Presumably, he was not married. The parents/legal guardians have the legal authority. Please contact local and qualified counsel for representation.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Sorry for your loss. Please see a personal injury lawyer asap. If the driver was drinking at a bar prior to the accident, there may be additional claims as well. Good luck

My sympathies. Please contact a lawyer in your State that handles Wrongful Death cases. The lawyer will research any and all entities that a claim may be brought against, including the driver. . Remember most States have statutes of limitations which limit the time to bring a claim/suit. Best of luck.

This information does not constitute am attorney / client relationship and is just a general answer to the question posed with the limited facts available. There is no substitute to a consultation with an attorney licensed in your State.

I am terribly sorry for the loss of your son. Yes, it does appear you have a case. You should find an experienced personal injury attorney and call for an immediate consultation.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. NY Attorney, Daniel Buttafuoco, has been voted BEST LAWYER five years in a row and has represented clients all over the United States. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Daniel Buttafuoco strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received. www.1800NowHurt.com

Sorry for your loss. If the driver has insurance you can sue him. Most importantly, hire a PI lawyer in your are right away. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

A wrongful death lawyer can sue the driver on behalf of the estate. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so the estate gets the lion's share of the recovery, not the lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

You have my condolences on the loss of your son. To answer your question, yes, suit can be brought against the driver. Assuming he was driving the vehicle with your son's permission, he is insured under the terms of your son's automobile liability insurance policy. If the driver has his own coverage, that too is exposed. Depending on where your son lived at the time of the incident, there may be additional underinsured motorist coverage through resident relative's in the household where your son resided at the time of his death. All of these issues need to be reviewed by a competent personal injury attorney. There is a potential wrongful death claim for the loss of your son and perhaps a personal injury claim for your son himself (through his estate), if he survived for any length of time following the collision. I suggest you contact an experienced personal injury attorney in your area and schedule a face-to-face meeting for a free consultation .

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

DUI accidents topics