My 1982 classic Datsun 280ZX was totaled by a DUI driver and his insurance does not want to pay me a fair amount

San Leandro, CA |

They only offered $3800.00 and the cost to replace is $12,000 to $15,500. The repairs estimate is $12,000. What am I entitled to? C an I make them repair or pay enough to replace?

1. This is one of the biggest reasons not to negotiate with an insurance company on your own. Get a local attorney and let them get you what you are entitled to.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com. If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!

2. Insurance companies tend to always low ball when it comes to claims resolution. This holds true for both property damage and bodily injury claims. You should do yourself a favor and consult with an attorney prior to taking any further action.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

3. You may want to discuss your situation with a civil attorney who handles these types of cases.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

4. Retain an attorney. The offer may reflect the Kelley Blue Book value of the car.

5. Retain a local attorney to resolve this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com