My 19 year old son was just charged "discharging a firearm within city limits"...He swears he didn't shoot the gun. felony?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rock Hill, SC

Can he try to fight that charge? Is the next step we should take..call the public defender and talk with him/her?

1. Kenan Lee Isitt

1

Answered . The facts could lead to a felony. Yes, he can fight the charges. Yes, he should contact a public defender immediately, and he should not talk to anybody else about the incident (including you).

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . The public defender will probably not talk to him or be assigned until the day he shows up in court. Then look carefully at the police report and really question your son, if there was a parafin test and it shows residue from gunpowder on his hand or clothes he may be quilty, then he might want to join the military to avoid a conviction if the judge allows it.