My 17 year old son has a juvenile intake conference for something that they say he did almost 10months ago,

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

he will be 18 in one month, what happens to the case when he turns 18?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jake Aryeh Marcus

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In all likelihood nothing will happen. The resolution of the juvenile case is not altered because he turns 18 in the interim. Highly recommend you retain an experienced for him.

    I am an attorney in Pennsylvania but I am not currently *your* attorney. Nothing in my communication should be... more
  2. Christopher M. Patterson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should speak to a lawyer experienced in representing children in juvenile court. He can tell you whether your son should go to the conference and what he should or should not say. The fact he will turn 18 does not affect the juvenile court's jurisdiction. Good luck!

  3. William Ray Pelger

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . sounds like he may be accused of doing something could subject him to juvenile court. You may call the PO and ask what its about. You should probably hire a lawyer. The plan would be to keep it out of court via an informal adjustment, which juvenile court ofter offers for first time kids with low level offenses.

  4. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . He needs a criminal defense attorney to represent him. If he cannot afford a private attorney he should apply for a public defender. Juvenile court can maintain jurisdiction over him till he is 23.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,144 answers this week

3,075 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,144 answers this week

3,075 attorneys answering