My 17 year old son has a juvenile intake conference for something that they say he did almost 10months ago,

Pittsburgh, PA |
Filed under: Juvenile law

he will be 18 in one month, what happens to the case when he turns 18?

In all likelihood nothing will happen. The resolution of the juvenile case is not altered because he turns 18 in the interim. Highly recommend you retain an experienced for him.

I am an attorney in Pennsylvania but I am not currently *your* attorney. Nothing in my communication should be construed as creating an attorney/client relationship. Please contact me if you wish to retain me as your counsel.

He needs a criminal defense attorney to represent him. If he cannot afford a private attorney he should apply for a public defender. Juvenile court can maintain jurisdiction over him till he is 23.

You should speak to a lawyer experienced in representing children in juvenile court. He can tell you whether your son should go to the conference and what he should or should not say. The fact he will turn 18 does not affect the juvenile court's jurisdiction. Good luck!

sounds like he may be accused of doing something could subject him to juvenile court. You may call the PO and ask what its about. You should probably hire a lawyer. The plan would be to keep it out of court via an informal adjustment, which juvenile court ofter offers for first time kids with low level offenses.

Juvenile law topics