My 16 yr old son is being charged with grand larceny with thee amount of over $2000?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

my 16 yr old was arrested by d.t's for having stolen property on him (phones) in thee amount of over $2000. he was release within 24 hr & schedule to appear at surperme court on sept 11. he is being charged wit grand larceny. .....he has been arrested once before for also having stolen phones on him but not caught taking the phone he was stopped & the phones were on him. he was send to do community service & pay a fine. this was in criminal court. myself with the board of ed is working to place him in a residential school, will this be something that his lawyer will be able to work with in court ?

i do not yet know the degree of the charge.

1. John M. Cromwell

Pro

3

Answered . Yes.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . It depends on what you mean by work out. I suggest you retain a good criminal defense lawyer.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, although your son's background in similar conduct in the past will make things more difficult in dealing with the prosecutor.

4. Stephen Charles Cooper

Answered . The fact that your son was arrested, released at arraignment and already scheduled to appear in Supreme Court on the indictment, suggests that he is being given special treatment by the Kings DA. He needs a good criminal attorney and needs one quickly. The prognosis if he waits is bleak. You must choose between spending your money on a lawyer, or on the rest of your family. If you are committed to saving him, you may contact me at sccooper48@aol.com. There are no guarantees.

5. Taylor A. Koss

Pro

Answered . He is not being given any special treatment at all. That is a incorrect statement. My guess is that he is scheduled to appear in Supreme Court in Part AP1 in September? The long date is because he was released by the Judge at arraignments, and is totally typical for an "out" or released defendant. In the interim time period, the DA's office is deciding whether or not to indict him. They will most certainly take his past behavior into account. This is a good time to hire an attorney, so that you can get any and all information from the DA's office. This window between now and the next court date, is the prime opportunity to work out a plea.

6. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

1

Answered . None can predict. He may be facing jail. Needs attorney ASAP.