My 16 year old test drove a car in a driveway. The car was uninsured. My son hit a motorcycle in garage. It was insured.

Asked about 2 years ago - Rochester, NY

My 16 year old test drove a car in a driveway. The car was uninsured and the car owner was right there. My son hit a motorcycle in the garage. The motorcycle was insured. Whose responsible? The vehicle owner for allowing someone to drive his car with no insurance on it? Will the insurance company for the motorcycle sue my son or me for damages?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . Your son can be held liable in a civil lawsuit. If you have auto insurance contact your broker to see if you can make a claim.

Pro

5

Answered . I'd suggest that you have the motorcycle owner claim the damage on his insurance and your son pay the deductible.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

2

Answered . Call your insurance company.

4. Jacob E. Segal

3

Answered . Unfortunately in this case you, your son, and the homeowner are all at fault to varying degrees. It is likely that you will be sued. even if the motorcycle is insured the insurance company will want to be reimbursed by you.