My 16 year old test drove a car in a driveway. The car was uninsured. My son hit a motorcycle in garage. It was insured.

Rochester, NY |

My 16 year old test drove a car in a driveway. The car was uninsured and the car owner was right there. My son hit a motorcycle in the garage. The motorcycle was insured. Whose responsible? The vehicle owner for allowing someone to drive his car with no insurance on it? Will the insurance company for the motorcycle sue my son or me for damages?

1. I'd suggest that you have the motorcycle owner claim the damage on his insurance and your son pay the deductible.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. Your son can be held liable in a civil lawsuit. If you have auto insurance contact your broker to see if you can make a claim.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Unfortunately in this case you, your son, and the homeowner are all at fault to varying degrees. It is likely that you will be sued. even if the motorcycle is insured the insurance company will want to be reimbursed by you.

4. Call your insurance company.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.