My 16 year old daughter is pregnant. Does the teen father or his parents legally have to contribute to the termination(700.00).

Rockville Centre, NY |
Filed under: Family law

They dated for 8 months just found out she is pregnant. I would like half the money for this, since they both made the mistake to be stupid.

You can ask, but its your daughter's body, and since she is the one with control over her body, she bears the cost. I think in fairness, it should be a shared expense.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

You could try to sue in civil court (small claims or district court) but not in family court. You will have to prove he is the father and if he says he is against the procedure a court could find him not liable.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons. Howard E. Knispel 631-864-7589

Not likely. You could try in small claims, but small claims tends to take place in very crowded rooms with everyone sitting through all the cases before them. Do you want to subject your daughter to that?

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. www.PatchogueAttorney.com You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.

No, neither the teen father nor his parents are legally obligated to contribute. It is your daughters right to terminate or not terminate. The teen father and parents have no input into the decision and therefore, no obligation to contribute.

Recommended articles about Family law