My 13 year old son wants to live with me. His mother and I are divorced and have joint custody, she will fight it with attorney.

Asked over 1 year ago - El Paso, TX

There are signs of neglect and abuse to my son by his mom and his 23 year old step brother (from her first marriage). He's forbiden to call me on the phone as court ordered and many times she has interference with child custody. I cannot affort an attorney and I really need to help my son to get out of that situation. what can I do? Where may I get help? We (my son and I) are desperate. PLEASE HELP US!

1. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . Unfortunately you have no choice but to retain an attorney. You have not provided a lot of facts here. Are you both in Texas? Same county? Under joint custody you will most likely have to mediate before you can go to court. Take you divorce papers in to a lawyer for a consultation. Often these matters are solved in mediation, as far as pro bono services go lawyers do not take custody cases as part of most pro bono r legal aid programs.