Skip to main content

My 13 year old son wants to live with me. His mother and I are divorced and have joint custody, she will fight it with attorney.

El Paso, TX |

There are signs of neglect and abuse to my son by his mom and his 23 year old step brother (from her first marriage). He's forbiden to call me on the phone as court ordered and many times she has interference with child custody. I cannot affort an attorney and I really need to help my son to get out of that situation. what can I do? Where may I get help? We (my son and I) are desperate. PLEASE HELP US!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Unfortunately you have no choice but to retain an attorney. You have not provided a lot of facts here. Are you both in Texas? Same county? Under joint custody you will most likely have to mediate before you can go to court. Take you divorce papers in to a lawyer for a consultation. Often these matters are solved in mediation, as far as pro bono services go lawyers do not take custody cases as part of most pro bono r legal aid programs.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer