My x husband divorced me! my status as a CPR has expired 10 days ago should i file I751 or

Asked over 1 year ago - Cliffside Park, NJ

is it to late to file for wava ? have i became illegal alien now? or if i marry to my US citizen boy friend what happens? my X husband sent a letter to CIS claimed that it was a marraige fraud,i heard that if i withdrawn my application start a new one his claims in his letter wont show up! pls help

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

9

Answered . You are not illegal, but you must file am i751. You don't qualify for vawa just because you and your husband don't get along or got divorced. The i751 is heavily scrutizned and the fact that you are divorced with a new boyfriend means you run a big risk with uscis. You new to hire a lawyer.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

1

Answered . Yes.

3. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

8

Answered . You should file a waiver and discuss the issue with an attorney immediately.

4. Yolanda Navarrete

8

Answered . You should retain an attorney to file I-751 with the necessary proofs and documents.

5. Karen-Lee Pollak

9

Answered . You can file the -751 without your ex husband but must provide the divorce decree and evidence that the terminated marriage was in good faith.

6. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

8

Answered . It's not too late to file a waiver based upon a self petition. The fact that your ex-husband has complained to USCIS this not mean that you entered the marriage based upon a good-faith relationship.

The fact that he's upset with you is not of importance to USCIS unless you left him soon after marriage or lack proof and/or strong testimony. However, you'll need to have Evidence of joint assets joint liabilities and some fruit of the relationship.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  7. Dean P Murray

6

Answered . You have so too many questions that it is dificult to give you a comprehensive answer without a consultation. Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer.