My mom lives in Florida and is about to purchase NuLAWYER LMO for her will/trust. Does anyone know if this is a legit company

Clearwater, FL |

or if you would recommend?
Sincerely,
Anne
612-581-1465

1. It depends on if your mother gets direct contact with an attorney or if she is dealing with a middleman acting like an attorney and that person is collecting a fee and that person pays the attorney.
    The FLORIDA BAR has shut down a few organizations for the unauthorized practice of law because a non-attorney can not advise your mother and sell her an estate planning package.
    The "middleman" companies usually charge a lot more than dealing directly with an attorney.
    Our firm for example publishes our fees on our website.
    Have her proceed with caution and wisdom.

Attorney Joe Pippen
    Clearwater/Largo Attorney
    WWW.Attypip.com
    Joe@attypip.com
    727-586-3306

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

2. Well, if you Google "NuLawyer LMO reviews" the first thing you will see is their very aggressive marketing plan which, if you read through, reads like a Multi-Level Marketing Organization. I have never heard of them, and I would not recommend them - and not because I do wills and trusts, but because there is a lot of legal research, education, and dedication that goes into being a competent and successful attorney that I just don't think can be had in a sales organization. The problem with having a will or trust done "on the cheap" is that the results typically don't show up until it is too late to fix the damage done.

If she has any amount of property and really cares who gets what, she should have a conversation with one of us AVVO wills and trusts attorneys in her area. There are several of us in or near Clearwater and many of us offer free consultations. That way she can get some estimates and learn what questions to ask her NuLawyer representative.

Honestly, I think you should thoroughly check this out before she does something that she later regrets. Good luck.

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : carol@caroljohnsonlaw.com : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.

3. SIGH........ I can't tell you the many hundreds of thousands of dollars that I have seen folks spend in attorneys fees because of do it yourself wills and trusts, a trust or will done by an incompetent paralegal "filling out a form", and other decisions people have made due to a desire to avoid paying an attorney for estate planning. As long as your Mom does not change her mind as to who will get her estate, the purchase of an estate plan is a once in a lifetime purchase.

Take my advice and tell your Mom to hire a Trust and Estate lawyer. Literally, a modest fee up front can save years of fighting and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees later. By the way, it is likely you that will bear the burden.... not your Mom as your mom will likely be gone when the fighting begins. Of course, if your Mom is poor and has more debts than assets, she may not need a plan at all.

4. I agree completely with my colleagues, that your mother should consult with an estate planning attorney. Since you asked specifically about the LMO company, consider that LMO has a current suit against it for the unlicensed practice of law under case number SC12-1407 (in the Florida Supreme Court) for the NuLawyer product.

Wills and estates topics