My h4 is expiring on aug end and i 94 will expire on 1st week of sep.

Allendale, NJ |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

my h4 i expiring on aug end and i 94 will expire on1st week of sep2013. i have to travel to india on may 2013 for 1 month. will there be any problem at the port of entry as my visa will get exported after 2 months on my reentry to US. also my husband changed his employer recently. but my h4 visa still has his previous employer name. will that also be a problem. what all docs should i carry with me while i travel.

1. You should be fine. Make you have documents to show that your husband is still in H-1B status.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. I agree with Attorney Shusterman.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.