My 2 year L1B Visa expires in October 2013. How do I renew it?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

Canadian Citizen, Professional Engineer. Employed by an American Company from Boston, Mass. I travel to different States/Consultant Engineer returning home for data input.

1. 1

Best Answer

Answered . Your employer can file an extension request with USCIS or you apply for a new I-94 at the border.

2. 1

Answered . To extend status, you employer must file a petition to do so. To extend a visa stamp, you must apply for a new one at a US Embassy/Consulate.

3. Answered . I agree with my colleagues. L-1B is a company petition. If they want you to continue, they will file for an extension.