Must LA Police fasten your seat belt?

Asked 8 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I was arrested for a misdemeanor and put in the back seat of a patrol car. I was very cooperative but the police did not fasten my seat belt and this might have been caught on video nearby (non-police). Must the police fasten your seat belt if you are arrested and put in the back of a patrol car? Is it legal to not wear a seat belt in CA if you are over a certain age? Thank You.

1. Malosack Berjis

1

Answered . If you are put in the backseat of a moving police car, and your hands are restrained behind you, then they must fasten your seat belt.

2. Kelvin P. Green

1

Answered . They should but if you think that is going to some how void the arrest or reduce the charges you are mistaken.

Pro

2

Answered . They should. If you sustained injuries in an accident, have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a LOW contingency fee. Good luck.