Must I attend my Pretrial for DUI?

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: DUI DUI trial DUI court

I have an attorney for my DUI and he tells me that I do not have to attend my pretrial because we are agreeing to a plea. I question this because he is a relatively new attorney, and I have friends who have had DUI's in other states who had to attend. Is Las Vegas/Nevada different? Any advice would be much appreciated.

1. A pre-trial is basically a status check on negotiations or whether you want to proceed to trial. Most likely, your attorney will just obtain another date where you can appear and enter your plea. You will have to sign a admonishment of rights form as part of your deal, so you will have to appear eventually.

The information contained on this site is in no way intended to be offered as legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship between Michael B. Lee, P.C. and yourself. You should not use or rely upon the information on this site in any material way without consulting an attorney licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction. The information contained on this site is general in nature and may not be applicable or accurate when appplied to your specific situation. By your use of this site, you specifically release, indemnify and hold harmless Michael B. Lee, P.C. from any and all claims arising from your use of this site.

2. If you are living in another state, your lawyer may plead you in abstentia with a written entry of plea and admonishment of rights.

The information provided on this site is for general information purposes only. The information you obtain at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your own individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Use of this website or submission of an online form, does not create an attorney-client relationship.

DUI court topics