Must I attend my Pretrial for DUI?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I have an attorney for my DUI and he tells me that I do not have to attend my pretrial because we are agreeing to a plea. I question this because he is a relatively new attorney, and I have friends who have had DUI's in other states who had to attend. Is Las Vegas/Nevada different? Any advice would be much appreciated.

1. Michael Brian Lee

1

Answered . A pre-trial is basically a status check on negotiations or whether you want to proceed to trial. Most likely, your attorney will just obtain another date where you can appear and enter your plea. You will have to sign a admonishment of rights form as part of your deal, so you will have to appear eventually.

2. Christopher Rasmussen

Answered . If you are living in another state, your lawyer may plead you in abstentia with a written entry of plea and admonishment of rights.