Municipal ordinance

Asked 8 months ago - Cheboygan, MI

ordinance says that if city is put on notice that tenant is responsible for water/sewer bills they can not be added to property taxes, so now city sends letter that says since you took advantage of ordinance 123.125 not allowing water bill on property tax, they want me to sigh letter saying that they intend to just shut water off and it will not be turned on till paid by me if tenant does not pay.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Makes sense

    Either pay via property tax bill or pay outside the bill. Either way, you pay to avoid shut off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,959 answers this week

2,817 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,959 answers this week

2,817 attorneys answering