Multiple sclerosis and getting green card

Irvine, CA |

Hello,

I just got my US citizenship and want to apply for greencard for my parents,my mother has multiple sclerosis and I was wondering if it can cause a problem in her legal process and medical examination or not?

1. There may be an issue with you getting insurance for her, but the condition should not be a concern for the health related ground of inadmissibility, as it is not a communicable disease of public health significance.

713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.

2. Attorney Fong is correct. There does exist a list of specific deseases that may result in an alien being deemed inadmissable but MS is not one of them.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

3. Probably not.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The answer(s) given are only to be deemed general in nature as all of the facts of your case were not provided and thoroughly reviewed. Any answers are NOT to be deemed as attorney advice as a full legal opinion can NOT be provided at this time without a complete analysis of all of the facts regarding your particular matter. Any and all statements provided do NOT in any way create any type of attorney/client relationship.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.