Multiple sclerosis and getting green card

Asked about 3 years ago - Irvine, CA

Hello,

I just got my US citizenship and want to apply for greencard for my parents,my mother has multiple sclerosis and I was wondering if it can cause a problem in her legal process and medical examination or not?

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. William D. Fong

Answered . There may be an issue with you getting insurance for her, but the condition should not be a concern for the health related ground of inadmissibility, as it is not a communicable disease of public health significance.

3. C. C. Abbott

Answered . Attorney Fong is correct. There does exist a list of specific deseases that may result in an alien being deemed inadmissable but MS is not one of them.

4. Jeffrey N Lisnow

Answered . Probably not.