Multiple parking tickets under same claim # can file just one motion for all?

Great Neck, NY |

filing a motion to dismiss in a local village court for parking tickets, got a trial date for 4 parking tickets in one court date under one claim number, can I bring one motion to dismiss all of them for the same reason under the claim number and detail the ticket numbers in the motion or do I need 4 separate motions?

One motion should be fine.
#NathansonLaw #LegalQ&A

I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.

Yes, you can file just one motion to cover all the charges.

If they are all under the same docket number one motion is correct.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

It sounds like the four tickets have been consolidated for disposition. Thus, a single motion would be appropriate.

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement

Go to court, talk to the prosecutor, cut a plea deal to pay some and not all, pay the clerk, and move on with your life.

we will call that plan B.