Multiple change of status requests (which one will be approved)

Peoria, IL |

I am currently on L1 and wife on L2 with EAD
My H1 is selected in the lottery and my L1 to H1 COS alongwith my wife's L2 to H4 COS is under process.
Now if we file wife's L2 to F1 COS which one of the two will be processed?

Obviously wife's COS to F-1, since the H-1B is not to go into effect before October 1st.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You asked this before and we answered already. Read the answers there.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

USCIS will continue processing both applications and generally the first one you file will be processed first, but different forms have different processing times.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

I would only proceed with the status your spouse actually wants, then this is not an issue.

Ms. Ritter has over fifteen years of immigration experience, a former INS Officer and Santa Clara Valley AILA Board Member. The response given is for informational purposes only, general in nature, and should not be construed as legal advice on the topic, nor does it establish an attorney client relationships. You are encouraged to seek a qualified attorney for a complete review of the issue.

Recommended articles about Employment