MSC

Asked over 2 years ago - Orange, CA

Not happy atty sent associate in place of them self to represent their client at a MSC.
Opposing atty's under assumption, both parties are moving towards a settlement when no discussions with principle atty retained with & plaintiff, have occurred. Seems firm is busy. Responses are slow & none on several inquiries. Left feeling not to impose on them when I'm the client often feeling as though I'm walking on egg shells. Receptionist is a serious gate keeper. Inaccurate info on docs despite client having to correct & acknowledge. Seems like no action on threats to opposing atty vs follow through. Maybe it's time to replace? Can't imagine this is common practice. Perhaps naive to staling & controlling factors on legal representation.

1. Diana Lucia Martinez

3

Best Answer

Answered . It sounds like your case is slipping through the cracks, so to speak. There are situations where counsel, for whatever reason, is not able to appear. And rather than request a continuance, the hearing maybe such that a special appearance on his/her behalf is appropriate. Judges do not like this practice, and neither to clients unless they are prepared for it (not a surprise). It sounds like you need to have a discussion with your attorney to find out what is going on. You already have a relationship with this person. S/he may not be fully aware of your concerns. Before investing another retainer on another attorney, it may be a good idea to try and talk to your attorney - put the request in writing. If that is not an option, I would suggest that you speak to someone else about your goals and concerns and try to find a process and a professional who is a better match for you and your situation.

You are correct that litigation is a frustrating process. You do have other options. It sounds like you are on a seriously nauseating roller coaster. You need to find someone who can help you get off before you vomit. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. It sounds like it may be time for you take a more active role in how you move forward.

Good luck. I hope this is helpful. Feel free to give us a call - I may have some additional resources that could be helpful to you.

2. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

5

Answered . You are 100 percent correct it is not proper and although it may be common practice to some attorney's you are the client and you deserve to understand every portion of the case. Call and scheudle a telephone or office appt to get an understanding. take care.