Skip to main content

Mrtgage license

Edison, NJ |

I was licensed in state of New Jersey until 2007 as a mortgage broker. Now I want to use same corporate TIN number and do not want be licensed by state. I will be doing commercial mortgage business only. Can I do without being licensed?.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


From the NJ Real Estate Commission FAQs website: Persons and firms who broker loans secured by mortgages on commercial real estate for compensation must be licensed as New Jersey real estate brokers.

It appears you do need a license, but not a mortgage broker license.

This response is for general education purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer