Moving from H1 to L1A

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I used for a company X on L1A from 2008, in June 2012 I moved on to H1B visa and joined company Y. Now my old company X is offering my position back and they agreed to process my green card as well. Can I switch back to L1A visa as my L1 petition was valid till Nov-2013 anyway.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Possibly.

    What does Company X's immigration attorney ... .not someone in HR that is not an attorney ... have to say?

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only if you worked for that company's parent abroad for at least one year out of the immediately preceding three. Do you still meet that requirement ?

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Not enough facts to make that determination.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,999 answers this week

3,774 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,999 answers this week

3,774 attorneys answering