Moving from H1 to L1A

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I used for a company X on L1A from 2008, in June 2012 I moved on to H1B visa and joined company Y. Now my old company X is offering my position back and they agreed to process my green card as well. Can I switch back to L1A visa as my L1 petition was valid till Nov-2013 anyway.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Possibly.

What does Company X's immigration attorney ... .not someone in HR that is not an attorney ... have to say?

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Only if you worked for that company's parent abroad for at least one year out of the immediately preceding three. Do you still meet that requirement ?

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Not enough facts to make that determination.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.