Skip to main content

Moving company problem

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Civil rights

Moving company never showed up and I was forced to move myself from Houghton, MI to Naples, FL.

Attorney Answers 2


Your attorney should consider the Carmack Amendment to the Interstate Commerce Act which may preempt State law. At least that is something that will need to be researched. Also consider contacting the FMCSA at 888-368-7238 to complain and see if there is anything else that can be done. Perhaps you would also want to contact attorney George Pezold who wrote the book, Freight Claims in Plain English. I have hired him in the past as a consultant on a freight claims case but that was about ten years ago. I believe his telephone number is 631-427-0100. I believe his email address is If you need an attorney in a state other than Florida, I would look up the attorneys at

Disclaimer: The above is intended to give you, the consumer, some insight into various legal topics. This information is not intended as legal advice, but rather an attempt to provide helpful topical information. Please consult a lawyer as to the specific circumstances of your case. Again, this is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. If there are more facts that you overlooked and did not include in your initial question and you would like to email me, you may send an email to

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


This sucks but may be a blessing in disguise. A LOT of the moving companies will use onerous one sided laws and contracts to screw you and now, you've got it done. If they have some of your money you most certainly are entitled to a refund.

Mark as helpful

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics