Moving company problem

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Moving company never showed up and I was forced to move myself from Houghton, MI to Naples, FL.

1. Steven Michael Fahlgren

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your attorney should consider the Carmack Amendment to the Interstate Commerce Act which may preempt State law. At least that is something that will need to be researched. Also consider contacting the FMCSA at 888-368-7238 to complain and see if there is anything else that can be done. Perhaps you would also want to contact attorney George Pezold who wrote the book, Freight Claims in Plain English. I have hired him in the past as a consultant on a freight claims case but that was about ten years ago. I believe his telephone number is 631-427-0100. I believe his email address is pezold@transportlaw.com. If you need an attorney in a state other than Florida, I would look up the attorneys at http://www.naca.net/find-attorney

2. Scott Richard Kaufman

Answered . This sucks but may be a blessing in disguise. A LOT of the moving companies will use onerous one sided laws and contracts to screw you and now, you've got it done. If they have some of your money you most certainly are entitled to a refund.