Moving abroad

Asked over 1 year ago - Temple, TX

I'm a register sex offender. I currently working abroad so do not have to register since i dont have have a physical address. So i"ve been thinking about about moving to another country. Will this be difficult? But i do want to keep my USA passport.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's up to the country you want to move into.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  2. Cynthia Russell Henley

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Depends on which country you want to move to. It is hard to even visit Canada with only a DWI conviction. Check the web pages of the government of the country to which you want to move about restrictions.

    Cynthia Henley

  3. Carmine John Giardino

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you're working abroad, the country you're in seems to not mind

    If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now